Thanks to your support, the Great Stuff Savvy Resale Shop has been a source of outreach, education, and funding for local breast cancer programs and services in our community. This would not be possible without your loyal patronage, generous donations of merchandise, and volunteer hours. Because of you, in the last fiscal year:
- DBCC presented peer mentor trainings, adding 12 new peer mentors to the 318 active peer mentors who provide one-to-one emotional support, resources, and research-based information to 138 newly diagnosed women.
- DBCC held over 317 survivor programs and activities serving 2,768 breast cancer survivors. This included educational classes for those newly diagnosed, ongoing self-support programs, a holistic conference, Nurture with Nature activities, and a variety of networking and educational programs.
- The Survivorship Team has expanded the Yes2Health program during the last fiscal year, offering 196 classes throughout the state with 1,502 participants:
- Yes2Health is a free 12-week program featuring weekly walking meet-ups and bi-weekly educational programs including fitness, health, and wellness education.
- DBCC assisted 999 women with navigation and coordinated 544 mammogram screenings through the Women’s Health Screening program. DBCC provided 193 women with interpretation and 95 with transportation to their screening.
- DBCC reached over 2,220 people through community events and breast health presentations, connecting 124 individuals to DBCC services. DBCC continues to provide bi-lingual interpretation for clients. DBCC staff includes three Spanish speaking individuals, and two members fluent in Haitian Creole, making DBCC a tri-lingual organization.
- Through the Breast Care Fund, DBCC provided $70,359 in assistance to women diagnosed with breast cancer. Assistance addresses quality of life issues, as well as emergency funding when other funding sources are not available.
Thank you for supporting our mission!