Thanks to your support, the Great Stuff Resale Shops have been a source of outreach, education, and funding for local breast cancer programs and services in our community. This would not be possible without your loyal patronage, generous donations of merchandise, and volunteer hours. Because of you in the last fiscal year the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition has:
- Trained 20 new peer mentors joining the 308 active peer mentors who provide one-to-one emotional support, resources and research-based information to 155 newly diagnosed women.
- Held over 49 survivor programs and activities serving 516 breast cancer survivors. This included educational classes for those newly diagnosed, ongoing self-support programs, a Holistic Conference, Nurture with Nature activities and a variety of networking and educational programs.
- Provided 1,005 mammograms; performed 308 additional screenings for cholesterol, glucose, and blood pressure; and provided 50 cervical screenings through the State of Delaware’s Women’s Mobile Health Screening program.
- Attended 99 health fairs and community events and presented 26 breast health education programs reaching nearly 4,000 people.
- Provided women diagnosed with breast cancer with funding for diagnostic exams, lymphedema sleeves, prostheses, insurance co-pays, and treatment bills through the Breast Care Fund.
- Held the 20th Annual Breast Cancer Update, which is the only event of its kind in the State of Delaware that provides cutting edge information and education on the most current topics in breast cancer diagnosis, treatment, detection and survivorship to annual audiences of over 330 medical professionals, survivors, and members of the general public free of charge.
Thank you for supporting our mission!